My pet peeves
Maybe a sign of old age but as I get older there are a few pet peeves that set my teeth on edge - some more than others. Here are a few of mine. Feel free to add yours in the comments section or when you tweet. I'm not perfect but then I've never claimed to be.
- Cars that honk at you when you stop to let a pedestrian (or cyclist) cross at a zebra crossing (crosswalk to the Americans). For that matter, cars that honk at you because they're in a hurry and you're being polite. I say - get yourself a private jet so you can fly.
- People that push ahead in a line or come as close to you as possible thinking that an inch more matters. Especially bad at check in lines at the airport when they have a trolley with inordinately large luggage and think that entitles them to hit the back of your legs.
- Grammatical errors like your and you're; threw and through (just saw that now on one of the comments on a blog and by someone who is English). You get the drift - if not check out the Grammarly FB page. Hilarious but so spot on. Gah!!
- Clients that delay you and then hound you for feedback immediately after that. Its not going to happen, so bog off.
- Bigotted people. About anything and anyone.
- Hypocrites. I would rather you said something to my face rather than b*t*h about me behind my back or behind someone else's back for that matter.
- Judgemental people - they just feel better about putting labels and boxes on people without delving into why or how or looking at themselves
- People that make promises they do not keep. I can understand that circumstances change or you've changed your mind. Say so. Don't just leave others hanging. Its not cool.
- People that ask for advice and NEVER take it but come back for more and to whine some more. Go away.
- Noisy eaters or people with bad table manners. There is something uncouth about bad table manners that can put me off my meal.
I'm sure I'll think of a few more just as I press the publish button. What gets your goat?