It was a cathartic session and under her advice, I took it further, finished off with the trays under the kitchen sink with a little help from the maid. Like the spice cupboard, we took every thing out and discovered the following things that I thought I didn't have any more and contemplate buying every now and again:
- Washing up gloves - 3 pairs
- Tea lights - close to 50 at least
- Clothes pegs - now that I have a dryer I have no need for these
- 3 packs of garbage bags
- Scrubs and sponges
- Charcoal lighters for the BBQ I no longer have or can use in this house
- 2 sealed packs of super glue
- Mop tops, dusters and shelf liners
So now the place is organised according to stuff for kitchen cleaning, bathroom cleaning, supplies and washing machine stuff.
I got baskets for the knick knacks and they're carefully tagged and squirreled away.
There is something quite cathartic going into the kitchen this morning - there is space and it looks tidy and organised.
Next job: my bathroom counter top. Thanks to Shelina's tips on Decluttrme.com blog, I know what needs to be done and if I need help, I know who to call.